The Norfolk International Terminals in VA is a top choice for shippers looking to streamline their supply chains on the East Coast. Leading with innovation and excellence, you’ll find everything you need to fulfill your needs, from drayage to rail.
Best of all, America 1 Logistics offers prime transportation services right in Norfolk. Learn all about Virginia Port Authority with these cool facts.
1. This is the only US East Coast port with Congressional authorization for 55-foot depth channels. There are zero air draft restrictions and 22 cranes portwide.
2. If you need to ship via rail, here’s the place to do it. It is estimated that 37% of cargo that enters or leaves the port does so by train. This is the largest amount of any East Coast port.
3. Speaking of rail, there are almost 7 miles of on-dock rail track with two Class I railroads in operation.
4. In 2017, the Port of Virginia was ranked as one of the top 15 ports in the US and Canada, coming in at No. 5 on the list.
5. The Port of Virginia boasts impressive growth since 2015, which is projected to continue through 2020, handling around 3.25 million containers.
6. You’re only 2.5 hours away from the open sea when operating internationally from the Port of Virginia.
7. If you need ample storage space, you’ll find 34,219 TEUs of container storage space, as well as 2,340,000 square feet (217,000 m2) of covered pier. There is also space for dry or temperature controlled cargo and storage for 702 chassis.
8. Get fast access to multiple interstates, the Terminal Blvd and railways that include CSX, Norfolk Southern Railway and Eastern Shore Railroad.
Are you interested in intermodal drayage services in Norfolk, VA? We can help! Contact America 1 Logistics and we’ll connect you with a network of experienced professionals that branches throughout the East Coast.